Traveling can be bad news for your sleep schedule, especially if you’re headed to a new time zone. It becomes difficult for your body to adapt to the new conditions, and the constant motion of travel makes it tricky to get the right amount of sleep too.
This article will help you deal with sleep disruption during your travel. By the end of it, you will have the best solution out there to solve your sleeping troubles on the road for good.
So, you’re probably making one of these mistakes when it comes to getting sleep while traveling.
Too much light
If you’re exposed to too much light while traveling, it can hinder the quality of your sleep. This can manifest itself in the form of repeated awakenings, and transition between REM to non-REM sleep.
You might find that it is difficult to fall asleep in places where there is too much light as well. And when you do, it often leads to a nap that isn’t as recharging.
So, having low levels of light around you can help reduce the amount of eye strain and difficulty to focus. Even if you sleep in ambient lighting, there is a chance that you could gain some extra weight. The reason behind this is a disruption to the circadian metabolism.
Not maintaining healthy habits
Being excited prior to a vacation or travel is quite natural – and you should be! But, it can often lead to a break in a habit for people leading a healthy lifestyle. When you’re boarding a train or plane, you’re sleeping in unfamiliar conditions.
So, you should get some exercise on the day of the trip so that you are able to sleep properly. Cut out caffeine and alcohol consumption since they can hinder the sleeping pattern too, causing difficulty falling asleep.
Try not to change your diet too much, and replace sugary drinks with water. Keeping yourself hydrated can help maintain the body much better. Lastly, it is a good idea to learn some relaxation techniques to get rid of tension in your body and mind. This way, you are fully prepared to have a relaxing sleep when on the move.
Uncomfortable sleeping conditions
Limiting exposure to light and maintaining healthy habits is important for getting good sleep. But, the most vital mistake people make is trying to sleep in uncomfortable conditions. One that is often overlooked is the importance of getting a good pillow to rest your head-on.
Travel pillows can be unreliable, due to the quality and the risk of neck pain. But, what if we told you there is a way to get sleep on the road and eliminate neck pain? If this sounds like something that you’d want to experience, take a look at the Buckwheat travel pillow.
Here’s what you get with the buckwheat travel pillow for use on the road:
- A small, travel-size pillow that doesn’t take up too much space in your luggage, so you can travel light.
- Premium materials are used for making the product, which means that you get access to the best neck rest out there.
- The material allows the pillow to be malleable and change shapes in a few minutes. This way, you can quickly create the right shape to support your neck and head.
- The pillow is completely adjustable – you can add or remove buckwheat filling from it as required. So, you can customize it to fit your needs at any time.
- The buckwheat prevents your head from sinking in. So, you have reliable support for your head.
- For people with spinal, neck, or posture issues, the pillow can help you in your recovery. This is achieved by providing the right amount of support to the sensitive joints.
- Not sleeping on your travels? The buckwheat pillow can also be used as a back or lumbar rest. So, you don’t have to arrive at your destination sore anymore
- No external pillowcase is required, which means that you can unpack the pillow and use it on the go.
So, if you’ve ever wanted to travel without having any worry about sleeping on the road, you can do so now. By tackling these common mistakes, and choosing the right pillow to rest on, you can make your journey much more rewarding and enjoyable.
Why Try Out Rocket.net - IcyCanada's recommended hosting provider