Choosing a university is one of the most important decisions for a future student. Canadian universities provide many programs for teaching a variety of specialties. Usually, students aged 16 to 19 years can not decide on the educational program, because usually it takes 4-5 years of study. But Canadian higher education institutions offer an excellent alternative – the International Baccalaureate program. By contacting a school counselor, you can choose such a program in your own district. The IB schools program is a two-year program of study as a result of which you receive a certified bachelor’s degree. This is a unique opportunity to get a dream profession in 2 years. Courses within the program are divided into 6 categories, according to the wishes of applicants: languages and literature, experimental sciences, mathematics, sociology, and fine arts (art and performance). In Canada, courses taken at another institution may be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree course and shorten your studies by one year.
Obtaining a diploma in the program of study for 2 years includes:
- Choosing one of the 6 specific courses for training (according to your wishes, abilities and skills)
- Complete the task of writing an essay for a maximum of 4000 thousand words in English or French
- Complete 2 projects on given topics plus at least 50 hours of community service or creative work.
- Complete the mandatory task of the philosophy course
This program can be funded by the state, some students receive grants and scholarships. This is a great chance for those students who want to get a higher education, but do not have the financial opportunity to do so.
There are a number of schools in Canada that provide an International Baccalaureate program. Among the many options you can choose the location that suits you, the lessons and disciplines offered, as well as additional tasks. This option of obtaining higher education offers a unique chance to get a highly qualified education from the best professors in the country.
Why should you or your child select an IB program?
Currently, the international program offers study options for several age groups at once. Therefore, it offers 3 training options at once:
- The program for the primary class level for children from 3 to 12 years old. It is available at several schools and boarding schools across Canada’s counties.
- The program is for secondary school students aged 11 to 16-17 years. It is also represented in many public and private schools.
- Finally, a diploma program available in many boarding schools that includes courses for high school. This is a more in-depth and extended preparation for university admission or credit for admission already in a university degree.
In order to better understand the proposed programs, you need to study the schools, their specifics of work, the professorial staff and the cost of training.
The international training program offers quality education that is appreciated by international experts and recognized in other countries. After graduation, you will be able to easily find a job in an international environment, you will have the opportunity to try yourself in an international company. This program has existed for more than 30 years. A great advantage of the program is the enrollment of a year or two of study in the years of study at the university, which significantly reduces the student’s period of study. So, below we list the main advantages that a student faces when entering:
- Obtaining comprehensive development (including physical, intellectual, social and emotional).
- The possibility of obtaining a quality education, passing serious exams that lead to a successful diploma.
- The value of education abroad, foreign experience and skills to study non-standard disciplines.
- The possibility of obtaining grants and scholarships, subject to the completion of certain tasks and obtaining high scores or creative and sports victories.
As a responsible parent, you will definitely ask the question of the appropriateness of such a program for your child. Interested people should be required to go to the websites of the IB program, attend open days in schools and communicate with consultants from schools.
However, as an alternative, you can offer to go to the site with a list of schools, their advantages, location and all the information and decide remotely. The right choice of school develops the following qualities in the student: thinking, communication, impartiality, caring, risk-taking, poise and confidence. With the help of the acquired knowledge, students not only acquire a new profession, knowledge and skills, but also develop creative processes in children.
Since the International Baccalaureate program is internationally recognized and highly regarded among employers and universities, it is an ideal option for high school students. Just think, then choosing the direction of your dreams in just 2 years you can get a lot of knowledge and skill, as well as practice and gain experience. The program helps to develop and considers its main mission to develop thought processes that address humanity, perception of the world, guardianship over the surrounding world and help create the world around the student.
In addition to educational processes, it instills a love of creative disciplines, helps to acquire new skills and improve old ones. Students can take part in various creative activities, develop their hobbies, and academic and intellectual knowledge. As an advantage, the school also develops physical abilities through lessons with physical activity, various sports clubs and sections. In order to choose a specific training program, look at the teaching staff and decide on the choice, we advise you to visit the IBO website.
In conclusion, it should be said that this program is designed for 2 years and involves an academically rigorous and balanced system of education with the final exam and term papers. It prepares your child for a future responsible approach to life, and also helps to acquire a new profession.