If you’re looking for a reputable online casino to register a new account with and you live in Canada, you’ve come to the right place.
Before signing up to any old site you randomly stumble across when searching the internet for a casino to play your favourite games, there are several important factors to consider.
Let’s dive straight in to discover how to choose the best online casino in Canada.
How to choose the best Canadian online casino
Hundreds of fully licensed casino sites are now legally permitted to accept real cash wagers from Canadian players. However, you must be at least 19 years old to play at today’s best Canadian online casinos.
When choosing a secure, reliable, and trustworthy Canadian online casino, always make sure of the following ten important factors:
- It must be fully licensed by a mid to top-tier licensing authority. Examples include the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the UK Gambling Commission, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, to name a few
- It must be controlled (owned and managed) by a reputable company with good standing in the iGaming industry
- It must have positive reviews from trusted sites like the official AskGamblers website
- It must accept Canadian dollars and welcome a broad range of convenient, safe, and easy-to-use online payment methods
- It must have at least 800 to 1,000 or more games from well-established iGaming software providers
- It must be protected by Secure Socket Layer encryption
- It must be monitored by an internationally accredited online casino testing agency, such as eCOGRA (several other similar non-profit organizations also have similar roles in the gaming industry)
- It must be free to sign up to and have a welcome bonus for new players with fair and realistic wagering requirements
- It must provide telephone support (preferably toll-free), as well as live chat and email support (all preferably available 24/7, 365 days a year)
- It must be easily accessible from Windows, iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers
Is it hard to find out this important information?
Instead of trying to find out this important information for yourself, which can take a lot of research and many hours, don’t forget that trusted sites like Ask Gamblers have done all the hard work for you, so you don’t have to.
You can check out the best Canada casinos by visiting this trusted online casino review site today.
What are the best Canadian online casinos in 2023?
Did you know that Canadian players currently have access to more than 1,700 online casinos? Instead of listing them all, some of the best online casinos Canada has to offer in 2023 are the following highly recommended sites:
- BitStarz Casino (voted best casino in 2022) – currently has a 10/10 rating
- Slotwolf Casino (best casino 2021) – 9.82/10
- Kakadu Casino – 9.38/10
- N1 Casino – 9.34/10
- Tsars Casino (players choice casino 2021) – 9.30/10
- Bitkingz Casino – 9.17/10
- CrocoSlots Casino – 9.10/10
- Sportsbet.io – 9.09/10
- Axe Casino – 9.09/10
- Oshi Casino 9.08/10
Other trusted Canadian casino sites that have also been carefully selected and then expertly reviewed on Ask Gamblers are LevelUp Casino, SlotVibe Casino, Casoo Casino, Cosmic Casino, Maneki Casino, and Playfina Casino (best new casino 2022), to name just a few.
What kind of Canadian online payment methods are accepted at these sites?
Interac (bank transfer) is a popular deposit and withdrawal option for Canadian players. Other trusted online payment solutions that are known for processing swift and secure deposits or deposits and withdrawals are PayPal (e-Wallet), Instadebit (bank transfer), eCheck (electronic check), iDebit (bank transfer) and American Express (credit card).
Canadian players can also top up their account and cash out their winnings using several other trusted and tested online payment methods, such as ecoPayz (an e-wallet, now known as Payz), Much Better (offers several payment processing services), Paysafecard (prepaid voucher card), Visa/Mastercard (credit and debit cards), and cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Tether, Tron, Cardano, Solana, Avalanche, Ethereum, Litecoin, and DogeCoin.
What other trusted authorities regulate online gambling in Canada?
Apart from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, some of the other trusted licensing authorities that also regulate online gambling in one way or another in Canada are the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission.
There’s also the British Columbia Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch, the Nova Scotia Alcohol and Gaming Authority, and the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority.
When choosing the best Canadian online casino, make sure it has games you want to play, a generous new player welcome bonus, friendly player support, a proper license, good reviews, and that your preferred payment method is accepted.
Finally, never sign up to an unlicensed casino site, gamble responsibly, and occasionally take short session breaks between playing.As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases.
The Icy Canada team strives to create content that matters. It’s why our content is written by travel writers, authority experts, well-known authors, and niche experts. Our content is also periodically reviewed by expert authors for accuracy and trustworthiness.As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases. [amazon_auto_links id="81298"]