In the past, people thought that it is the wisdom tooth that creates a misalignment of the teeth, but today it has been shown that the wisdom tooth is not alone that causes misalignment of teeth. This also could occur in the absence of a wisdom tooth.
If the wisdom tooth is inclined towards the previous one, there will always be a risk that it will decay the tooth. This kind of cavity is very difficult to treat. In such cases, it is recommended by the doctor to remove your wisdom tooth as a precautionary measure.
When should you remove your wisdom tooth?
Sometimes it becomes necessary to remove your wisdom tooth from the mouth because it blocks the mouth completely. Apart from hot and cold sensations, it also causes infections that can damage your tissues as well as your surrounding teeth. It could also cause serious injuries to cheeks or gums. In such risky situations, you will have to remove it.
Wisdom tooth removal – how is it performed painlessly?
When you go to the doctor to remove your wisdom tooth, first, your doctor will numb your mouth with a small dose of anesthesia such as lidocaine, mepivacaine, or novocaine. You may also breathe laughing gas or nitrous oxide to relax during surgery. You will come back to your senses shortly after that. Your maple family dentistry doctor might have to cut your bone or gum to take your teeth out. In this case, they will stitch your wounds so that they will heal quickly. Those stitches will dissolve automatically in your mouth in three to four days.
After Removal of Wisdom Tooth
Every patient responds in a different way to anesthesia. Some people feel alert after having anesthesia, and they can drive back to their homes for recovery. They will even go back to their office for work and do their normal day-to-day activities. But some people feel drowsiness after anesthesia and need someone to get them back home. After surgery at maple family dentistry, you might feel a swelling and little discomfort for few days.
You should follow the instructions of your doctor to recover quickly. Here are some of the tips for you so that you can heal quickly.
- Use moist heat for a swelled jaw.
- Use an ice pack on your face to control swelling.
- Gently close and open your mouth to exercise your jaw.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Eat soft foods like pasta, rice, or soup.
- Brush the teeth starting day after day. Don’t brush them against any type of blood clots.
- Call maple family dentistry doctor if you have a fever or if your swelling or pain doesn’t improve.
- Take the drugs your maple family dentistry doctor recommends to comfort your pain.
- Don’t rinse the mouth harshly. Your dentist might recommend rinsing gently using saltwater.
- Don’t drink with a straw. Sucking might loosen the blood clots that help your mouth to heal.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking might slow the healing process.
- Don’t eat sticky, hard, and crunchy foods that might scratch the wounds.
This technique is painless, less traumatic, safe, and quick. Therefore, maple family dentistry recommends it all to everyone who requires the removal of wisdom teeth.
Want exclusive deals and discounts? We have just the list for you, from web hosting deals to your next Zara purchase.
Get how-to guides to shopping online, starting essentials to launch your business and general life hacks. And get additional discounts when you use our content writing services. Know more here.
Enter your email address to sign up for our newsletter!