Car insurance is expensive, and for some people, the cost is simply too high. In some cases, people take their chances and drive without insurance, hoping that they’ll never get into an accident.
The truth is, driving without insurance is incredibly risky. If you’re caught, you could face steep fines and even jail time. If you cause an accident, you could be sued for thousands of dollars–money that will likely come out of your own pocket.
If you can’t afford car insurance Guelph, there are a few options available to help make car insurance more affordable. In this blog post, we’ll explore the risks of driving without auto insurance and what you can do instead.
What Are the Risks of Driving Without Auto Insurance?
If you’re caught driving without auto insurance, you could face a number of consequences. These include:
- Fines: Living in Ontario, the minimum fine for driving without insurance is $5000. If you’re involved in an accident, that fine can increase to $25,000.
- Suspended license: If you’re caught driving without insurance, your license could be suspended for up to a year.
- Jail time: In some cases, you could even face jail time if you’re caught driving without insurance.
- Increased insurance rates: If you’re caught driving without insurance and then try to get insurance later, your rates will likely be much higher.
- Accident costs: If you’re involved in an accident and you don’t have insurance, you’ll be responsible for the entire cost of the damages–including any damage to your own vehicle.
If you are uninsured and cause a car accident that results in injury to another person, you could be sued for their medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. These are just a few of the risks you face if you choose to drive without auto insurance.
A Few Ways to Make Auto Insurance More Affordable
If you can’t afford auto insurance, there are a few things you can do to make it more affordable. Here are a few options:
- Shop around: Don’t just go with the first insurance company you find. Get quotes from several companies to find the best rates.
- Ask about discounts: There are a number of discounts available that can help make car insurance more affordable. For example, many companies offer discounts for good drivers, students, and people who have taken a driving safety course.
- Raise your deductible: If you’re willing to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident, you can usually get a lower rate.
These are just a few of the ways you can make car insurance more affordable. If you’re struggling to pay for insurance, talk to your agent about your options. Don’t take the risk of driving without it.
When it comes to auto insurance, it’s important to understand the risks of driving without it. The consequences can be severe, and in some cases, they can compromise your financial stability. If you can’t afford car insurance, talk to your agent about your options.Why Try Out Rocket.net - IcyCanada's recommended hosting provider