Paramedic professionals respond to emergency calls from medical origins or sudden injury. Paramedic requirements have evolved beyond being solely diploma-based. In this modern time, NHS (National Health Service)1 has declared that it will pursue an official degree with approved original research, expertise, and apprenticeship. To fulfill the career requirements, you need to write a paramedic dissertation that will achieve high scores in the course. Thus, it will give me a good chance to enter this career professionally.
Paramedic is considered one of the most competitive subjects to study. This is because of its broad job scope. The recent data published by Statista on Jan 23, 2024, has reported an increased demand for paramedic professionals in the UK. The increased figure for the year 2021 for paramedic experts is 32.6 thousand.
Hence, the paramedic employment market is vast but also saturated. In this competition, practical skills and an official degree will help you acquire the job gracefully. You must approach a reputable university and read the entry requirements according to your education level. Whether it is a BSc. Hons or Doctoral program submitting a dissertation is part of every course at university.
Completing course assignments, training sessions, and practical exercises can be challenging. Therefore, it’s better to seek guidance from expert and professional writers who can help you with the best dissertation writing services. No matter how extensive your topic is they will deliver the focused information. The experts assure quality and craft a dissertation according to the instructions provided by your institute.
Coming to the topic lets us understand paramedics and some secret elements for writing a perfect paramedic dissertation.
What Is Paramedic?
The paramedic2 concept involves professionally trained persons to cope with emergency situations. This subject involves the study of dealing with emergency situations, such as
- Stabilizing patients.
- Using drugs to provide reliving sensations.
- Medical equipment.
The subject aims to prepare the students to contribute their skills to control indoors, and outdoors, on the roads and in air buses.
Paramedic training through higher education has strongly influenced the narrative of research. It is replaced by the old traditional diploma approach and has been designed into the proper programs. This field opens a broad range of areas to write a compelling paramedic dissertation that scores high grades.
You can see the innovative topics for deep research for better understanding.
Paramedic Dissertation Topics for 2024
Many of the students find dissertation topic searching a problematic and time-consuming task. Undoubtedly, it is but we have compiled a list of topics for writing an excellent paramedic dissertation. Below is the list of engaging research topics, give it a thorough read:
- The Modern Equipment and Innovation Done in Treating Emergency Situations.
- 10 Effective Techniques to Improve Patient Safety.
- How do you prevent coagulopathy 3in trauma?
- Dealing With Acute Kidney Injuries in Road Accidents.
- Prevention of Mental Health and Minimising Suicides in Care Hospitals.
Top 10 Secret Elements to Compose a Brilliant Paramedic Dissertation
Writing a dissertation is a complex task and many students forget the basic elements. You must follow the proper format to write a perfect paramedic dissertation. The core layout of an outstanding dissertation is mentioned below. Read each and every secret element to sound more professional.
1. Include a Title Page
The first page of a paramedic dissertation is a title page. This page includes information such as
- Dissertation title.
- Your name.
- Your department and institute name.
- Degree Name (Masters of Science) MSc. Paramedics.
- Date of submission.
The dissertation title is the first thing that hooks the reader and lets them decide to read your research. Therefore, to grab the attention of readers you must write descriptive, interrogative, argumentative, and declarative titles.
The next thing is alignment. The UNC Grad School has proposed the best alignment criteria. Although it varies from institute to institute and supervisor preference it can give you the right direction for organizing your dissertation.
Aligning the title page of the dissertation keep in mind the below few points:
- Align the dissertation title written in capital letters at the center of the page. Make it centered 2.
- Adjust your name centered 1 below the title.
- Make this line; A [dissertation] submitted to the faculty of …. As centered 1 below your name.
2. Add Executive Summary
Writing an abstract or summary in a paramedic dissertation is a true effort. It allows you to compile all ideas, findings, and results concisely. Ensure that it is focused and perfectly aligned with the dissertation title. The abstract doesn’t include mathematical formulas, graphs, and other illustrative materials.
Describe the research and work of your dissertation. Provide as much clarity to grab the attention of readers. While writing a dissertation abstract, if you have found content on paramedic dissertation ideas then organize the information as follows:
- Why is there a need for paramedics?
- What innovations can be made in equipment?
- Which methodological approach will favor the right research?
- Derive the possible outcomes from your research.
- Summarise them in a brief and confident way.
3. Table of Contents
Include a table of contents in your paramedic dissertation. It helps the reader to navigate through your dissertation. Make sure to add every piece of information in an appropriate way. Use headings and subheadings to make the structure more professional. You can arrange your dissertation according to the below format.
4. List of Figures
Paramedic dissertation writers should include a list of figures, charts, and tables in this section. A writer must create a numbered list for successive tables and graphs.
For example, you can write;
- This is the title for the first table…
- This is the title for the second table…
- This is the graph for the presented stats…
- This is the list of figures in methodology…
5. Chapter#1 – Introduction
An introduction is the first part after the abstract that engages the reader. Make the introduction of your paramedic dissertation
- Rich in background information.
- Write the focus of your study.
- Mention the scope of your research.
- Include the reference to your research and explain how it will contribute to the problem.
- Write about the goals and objectives of your research.
- Include major research questions.
- Give a brief overview of your whole dissertation structure in one line.
Furthermore, you can see the introduction section of some published research articles. Some of the examples of published articles on paramedics are mentioned below:
- The paramedic preceptor experience: improving preparation and support.
- What personality types dominate among nurses and paramedics: A scoping review?
- Exploring paramedic health status and simulated occupational performance.
6. Chapter#2 – Literature Review
The literature review is an integral part of the paramedic dissertation. It is an overview of the previous work done related to paramedics. It provides a basic understanding of the topic and supports your recent contributions.
The purpose of writing a literature review is to,
- Seek help in a methodological approach.
- Fulfill the previous research gaps.
- Provide a solution to an unsolved problem.
To write a good literature review, you first have to gather information in an appropriate way. Then step ahead towards writing a comprehensive yet qualitative review of the literature. It includes the following steps such as:
- Gathering the information from the most credible and authentic resources like books, research articles, and journals.
- Try to evaluate each source.
- Perform a deep analysis of each resource.
- Develop a logical connection and fill the gaps between themes.
7. Chapter#3 – Methodology
The most important chapter of the paramedic dissertation is proposing an effective methodology.
In this chapter, you have to mention every bit of detail regarding the dissertation. From planning the research to implementing the strategy, you have to write about it.
For example, you can write your dissertation methodology section like this:
- Mention the approach of your research. Whether it is qualitative, quantitative, experimental, or ethnographic.
- Write about the research techniques i.e., conducting surveys, interviews or reading the case studies.
- Clearly state the how, when, and where of the research.
- Mention the materials and tools used for gathering and organizing data. For example, Excel, lab equipment STAT, etc.
- Also, discuss the obstacles and difficulties you faced in conducting research.
Hence the main purpose of this chapter is to portray the right approaches to propose better solutions.
8. Chapter#4 – Results and Discussion
In this chapter, you have to write about the final results obtained from your research. This section includes the observations and findings relevant to your research topic.
For example, you have to summarise the whole section such as
- Summarise the key findings.
- Mention the theoretical and practical framework.
- Relate your results with different aspects of previous studies.
- Why are the driven results different from the previous ones?
- What contribution have your results made to the problem?
- Mention future suggestions for your research.
Just ensure all the parameters should reflect high-quality and authentic research.
9. Chapter#5 – Conclusion
While writing a Paramedic Dissertation the last chapter is the conclusion. Many students skip the essentials of writing a perfect conclusion which results in ambiguity. It is an overall recap of all your findings and methodologies.
You have to write about them,
- Findings that address the research questions.
- It should give the readers an idea of what this study is about and what they can expect.
- It must include effective solutions that will contribute to solving the problems.
10. Reference List
Last but not least, the reference comes at the end of your dissertation. This section should enclose all the relevant links and citations from which data was gathered. Although there are different styles of citing a reference. Some include MLA,4 APA, Chicago, Vancouver, and Harvard.
Every citation5 includes the name of the author and its published work. The advantage of using a cited reference is that it avoids a lot of plagiarism in your paramedic dissertation. The citation style may vary depending on the criteria provided by the institute. But the most common are the APA and MLA.
How Do You Write a Paramedic Dissertation?
Writing a paramedic dissertation is a research-based task. The above-mentioned secret elements in this guide can help you write an outstanding dissertation. Include all the key components like
- Title page.
- Table of contents.
- Five chapters Introduction, Literature review, Methodology, discussion, and Conclusion.
How Long Is a Paramedic Degree?
According to NHS, an official paramedic course takes three to four years. The program includes theory and practicals accompanied by ambulance services.
What Qualifications Do You Need for a Paramedic?
As per Surrey University, you will need the following qualifications to pursue a paramedic program. See the below-mentioned entry requirements:
- A recent study of five years is required.
- A level with a science background.
- Keep in mind that A-level general studies and critical thinking are unacceptable.
- A GSCE or equivalent (English language, mathematics and science C4 grade may be considered).
- BTEC (QCF Level 3) Extended Diploma.
Is a Paramedic Equivalent to a Doctor?
No, Paramedics are not equivalent to doctors. They are professionals with strong command over the EMT (Emergency Medical Techniques6).
Are Nurses More Qualified Than Paramedics?
No, paramedics are more highly qualified and professionally trained staff than nurses. They provide prehospital care and assistance to patients suffering from trauma or injury.
Indeed, writing a paramedic dissertation is a hectic and extensive research-based task. The above-discussed fundamental elements can make your dissertation win high scores. Incorporating the information per the described outline can help you maintain a logical flow. It will build a connection in your dissertation. Because it engages the reader to drive the logical results after going through your research work.
On the other hand, students don’t think logically when drafting their dissertations. They lack the clarity of ideas, effective writing skills, and critical thinking. These all are necessary for writing a compelling dissertation. You must get dissertation support from professional paramedic dissertation writers at this confusing stage. They better know how to craft, draft, and build a logical connection in a dissertation. Getting help from them can help you achieve the best scores in your program.
- Sakellarides, Constantino. “National health service: Responding to current challenges through necessary transformations.” Acta Medica Portuguesa 33.2 (2020): 133-142. ↩︎
- Eaton, Georgette, et al. “Understanding the role of the paramedic in primary care: a realist review.” BMC medicine 19.1 (2021): 1-14. ↩︎
- Iba, Toshiaki, et al. “Coagulopathy in COVID‐19.” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 18.9 (2020): 2103-2109. ↩︎
- Zeidabadi, Fatemeh Ahmadi, et al. “MLA: A New Mutated Leader Algorithm for Solving Optimization Problems.” Computers, Materials & Continua 70.3 (2022). ↩︎
- Färber, Michael, and Adam Jatowt. “Citation recommendation: approaches and datasets.” International Journal on Digital Libraries 21.4 (2020): 375-405. ↩︎
- Wu, Tzu-Chi, and Chien-Ta Bruce Ho. “A scoping review of metaverse in emergency medicine.” Australasian emergency care 26.1 (2023): 75-83. ↩︎