A union of 5 regional campuses, Coast Mountain College is located in British Columbia, near the Great Bear Rainforest of Canada.
To around 36 communities, the college provides pre-university programs with a wide range of scope in business, arts, science, and social services.
1. About CMTN
CMTN or Coast Mountain College was established in 1975. It is one of the best BC universities with the motivation to implant 3 core values for every student’s success.
The Coast Mountain College provides a diverse environment of education to all students. Their motive is to make education accessible to all.
The students at CMTN are free to explore a wide range of courses, not only in class but in fields as well. Helping young people and celebrating diversity is one of the core aspects of College Coast Mountain.
The students’ lives are truly transformed when there is a culture of learning.
The growth comes with learning new ideas, helping people in new ways, solving problems, and making the environment adaptable to change.
The adventure and transformation come when we provide inclusive education to children. One of the core values that can not be done away with is integrity.
Integrity leads to good understanding, good listening, and communicating our intentions in a more precise way.
There are five campus locations of Coast Mountain College –
- Terrace campus
- Prince Rupert
- Haida Gwaii
The Coast Mountain College has beautiful campus spaces to give exposure to students with a standard and safe academic environment.
Campus stores of Coast Mountain College are exclusive to the students of the college. All the items in the store are sold at the discounted price of 30% – 50%.
The store contains a limited stock of all the items required for students including stationery, digital textbooks, merchandise, bags, and bottles.
Café and Catering
The campus provides students with cafes and catering services. The hygiene and quality are a priority at the Coast Mountain College.
Various events take place in the cafeteria with a complete list of menus for the special occasions.
Students enjoy their coffee while working on their assignments in the cafeteria.
Health and Wellness
The mental well as physical wellness of the students is looked after by the college.
Psychological counseling services are rendered by the college campus itself. The services are free of cost and completely digitalized.
Gyms are also provided by the terrace campus, with all modern-day equipment. Trekking and Camping are also a part of physical wellness.
A dental plan and medical assurance are also available.
The housing facility of Coast Mountain College includes quad-style, triple-style, and single-seater bedrooms with a kitchen and an open space on every floor.
There are many off-campus accommodations that CMTN recommends for students. You can check out all the off-campus recommendations from the college website.
3. Programs and Courses
CMTN provides many innovative programs of bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, and specialized courses in Arts, Business, Science, Trade, Health, and Social Services.
- Basic Bachelors of Arts. – 2 years
- Associate degree in Arts – 2 years
- Archeological and Cultural Resource Management – 2 years
- Specialization in Criminology- 2 years
- First Nations Fine Art and Specializations- 2 years
- Sustainable Communities Specialization- 2 years
- Business Administration Certificate – 2 years
- Business Administration Diploma- Accounting – 2 years
- Business Administration – General Management – 2 years
- Business Administration Diploma – HR -2 years
- Post-Degree Diploma Business – 2 years
- Public Administration – 2 years
The Business courses are designed according to the High University Programs.
Health and Human Services Programs
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing – 4 years
- Access to Practical Nursing- Fall
- Health Care Assistance – 29 Weeks
- Early Childhood Care and Education – 2 years
- Education Assistance – 1 year
- Social Service Worker Certificate – 1 year
- Social Service Worker Diploma – 2 years
- Associate of Science – 2 years
- Associate of Science – General Studies – 2 years
- Environment Geoscience Specialization – 2 years
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician – 2 years
- Automotive Service Technical Foundation – 30 weeks
- Carpentry Foundation – 24 weeks
- Cosmetology Diploma of Trades – 2 years
- Electrical Foundation – 24 weeks
- Esthetics – 26 weeks
- Hairdressing Foundation – 43 weeks
- Heavy Mechanical Foundation – 36 weeks
- Millwright Foundation – 24 weeks
- Nail Technician Certificate – 16 weeks
- Parts and Warehousing Foundation- 21 weeks
- Welding Foundation – 28 weeks
- West Coast Culinary Diploma – 2 years
Freda Diesing School- A Northwest Community College
A unique Course exclusive to Coast Mountain to study traditional art of the first nations Art and Northwest Coast Art.
The Freda Diesing School is a Northwest Community College, specifically prepared for indigenous students of British Columbia to understand and gain knowledge about northern-style first nations culture and traditions.
4. How to Apply
For Indigenous Students
The admission is based on a First qualified, First admitted basis. Some programs are restricted to students above 18 years of age only.
- Contact the Educational Advisor to discuss the courses you prefer to opt for.
- Keep an eye on the application deadlines.
- To submit your mark sheets and transcripts email email@example.com.
- Make sure all your documents are nicely titled and have a complete mention of personal information to ease out the process.
- When you submit all the documents required, you would receive a notification from the college for your successful submission of documentation.
- Wait for the acceptance letter from the CMTN.
For International Students
- English Language Certification is required.
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and math are necessary for technical courses.
- Contact an International Advisor for the course you desire to opt for.
- Apply for your desired course.
- After Applying, submit the non-refundable application fee of $100.
- To submit your documentation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are also required to submit all the official transcripts in a sealed envelope with proper seals and signatures.
- Wait for the conditional letter of acceptance.
- Submission of the study permit.
- Once you accept the acceptance letter, prepare for your Travel to Canada, and you are good to go!
Was it a good review? You can check out more such college reviews at Icy Canada. Also, check out Top Must Visit Places in British Columbia. Subscribe to read more.Why Try Out Rocket.net - IcyCanada's recommended hosting provider