College of New Caledonia, a post-secondary institution in British Columbia, Canada is home to around 5000 students every year from various fields and streams.
Established in 1962, the College of New Caledonia or CNC gives vocational and some professional development training to students.
The Caledonia campus is spread around three school districts that include – Prince George, Quesnel, and Nechako Lakes.
In 1962, a BC vocational school was set up in Prince George, South Cariboo, Kootenays, and Okanagan.
It was only in 1969 when the regional college on new Caledonia was set up after the referendum and plebiscite.
Initially, the College of New Caledonia offered courses like administrative science, early childhood education, and data processing. Programs and courses were expanded later as the government hired the faculty.
Prince George Campus is also the headquarters for CNC students and the main building of the College of New Caledonia.
The College of New Caledonia own six campuses –
- Fort St James
- Burns Lake
- Prince George
The College owns a region of approximately 117,500 sq. km. with all the kinds of facilities for students to focus well on their studies.
All the students of CNC have access to book stores on their respective campuses. They can buy books online as well offline.
The offline book store is open from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
The student ordering the book must know the complete information about the author and subject so that the shopkeepers find it easy to guide them better.
The main campus of the College of New Caledonia, Prince George has a nice cozy place for students to sit, chat around and enjoy amazing college cafeteria food.
You can relish a wide variety of food including grilled, baked, salads, soups, and a lot more.
The College of New Caledonia has good dental facilities for all campus members. It is open om Monday to Friday.
The dental health facilities are open throughout the year. Although, adults can book sessions from September to May Children can book sessions in April and May.
Fees vary as per services.
Health And Wellness
College of New Caledonia provides a comprehensive range of services in medical including physical and mental wellness.
You can avail all the services on the main campus via the dental wing from Monday to Friday. No charges are applied to CNC college students.
You can directly check in or book an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org for a visit.
All the campuses have a facility for counseling. If a CNC student faces any kind of stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, or insecurity, they can take up counseling.
The college counseling provides self-care, time management, goal setting, gender-sexuality considerations, and relationship counseling.
CNC has a university hospital that is supported by the Prince George Campus of Northern British Columbia.
Here2talk is an application on google play-store is exclusive to the students of CNC, British Columbia.
It is a 24-hour helpline service and is available in English and France. However additional languages can be availed on request.
CNC college has beautiful library access to all its campuses with all the modern facilities and amenities.
You have access to hundreds of books as well as e-books. You can also book a private room to study or research.
CNC also has a press of its own. It publishes books and articles that are important for the region. There are many books and articles by well-read Ph.D. scholars. You can explore them all at their official website.
Recreation and Sports
Along with academics, there are several recreational activities that you can do at CNC.
Weight rooms include weight training equipment, cardio, and cross-fit equipment for students of CNC.
A full-size gym is available in the college of New Caledonia.
Students participate in various activities including basketball, badminton, soccer, and picking the ball.
Squash courts are built on the campus to create good social contact among the students and mates.
This recreation activity involves utmost focus and physical exercises.
One of the most creative physical activities, bouldering wall climbing is also available on the campus of CNC.
All the activities have some minimal price. You can check out the fee on their website.
College of New Caledonia is no less of facilities. There are many other services like aboriginal resources, research, parking, and Kodiaks restaurant are some facilities contributing enormously to CNC students.
Programs and Courses
The college of New Caledonia has 77 education programs and 170 courses and a full range of careers in the field of science, engineering, humanities, accounting and data processing.
The students from CNC are recruited by top international companies.
There are 7 areas of study in total:-
Business and Management
The Business and management have 11 courses :
- ABT Office Assistance Online
- ABT Online Office Clerk
- Accounting and Financial Diploma (2 years)
- Applied Business Technology certificate (1 year)
- Bookkeeping certificate (1 year)
- Business Management certificate (1 year)
- Business Management Diploma (2 years)
- Medical Office Assistance Associate certificate (6 months max.)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma(2 years)
- Post Diploma in Human Resources Management(2 years)
- Post Diploma Tourism and Hotel Management (2 years)
Community and Continuing Education
The community-focused educational programs include 8 courses:
- Book-Keeping Certificate (1 year)
- Camp and Catering Associate(6 months max)
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate(6 months max.)
- Medical Office Assistance Associate Certificate (6 months max)
- Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate (1 year)
- Post Diploma in Human Resources and Management (2 years)
- Post Diploma Information and Technologies(2+ years)
- Post Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management(2 years)
There are around 10 courses in Health Sciences
- Dental Assistant Certificate(1 year)
- Dental Hygiene Diploma (2 years)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Diploma (2 years)
- Health Care Assistance Certificate (1 year)
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician certificate (6 months max)
- Medical Laboratory and Technology Science Diploma (2+ years)
- Medical Radiography and Technology Diploma 2 years
- Nursing Baccalaureate (2 years)
- Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate (1 year)
- Practical Nurse Diploma (2 years)
There are 6 Humanities course programs offered by CNC
- Community Support Worker Certificate(1 year)
- Early Childhood Care and Learning Diploma(2 years)
- Education Assistant Certificate(1 year)
- Social Service Worker Applied Diploma(2 years)
- Social Services Worker Certificate (1 year)
- Social Service Worker UT Diploma(1 year)
There are 4 technology courses. The technical education centre is located on Prince George Campus. An additional Building was built to impart technical knowledge to the students. The building is officially known as West Fraser Tech Centre.
- Civil Engineering Technology (2 years)
- Computer Network Technician(1 year)
- Natural Resources and Forest Technology (2 years)
- Post Diploma in Informational Technology (2+)
Trades and Industry
A brink trades and technology centre is located at Prince George Campus of Caledonia college.
The College provides around 23 courses in the field with some popular courses like industrial mechanics, power engineering, professional cook and welding.
You can check out all the 23 courses in trades and technology on their website.
The college of New Caledonia has around 19 courses to offer in its headquarters, Prince George.
The university studies offer subjects like an associate of arts, fine arts, an associate of science, website and graphic design certificate.
The average duration of the certifications is from 1-2 years.
Upgrading and Access
Upgrading and Access Include 4 Courses In Total –
- Academic upgrading course available at Prince George, Mackenzie, Quesnel and Fort St James.
- Access Program available at Prince George, Mackenzie, Quesnel and Fort St James.
- English Language (2 years).
- Job Education centre certificate(1 year)
Apply At Caledonia College
The College of New Caledonia is one of the best colleges in the Nechako region of British Columbia.
CNC is continuing education with the best quality, small class sizes and with low tuition fees.
How to apply at CNC
The college offers two sessions in fall and spring.
The admissions for fall start from June to August. For the spring session, admissions start from December to January.
You can follow the official link of CNC college to apply for the programs offered.
- Interested candidates must Sign up or log into the EducationplannerBC account.
- You will be asked to complete the required details for the application process.
- After completing all the details, an Application fee of $40 will be charged. You can either deposit it in person, by fax or by mail.
- After your application is successfully received, the college will review the application. In case some documents are missing they are more likely to contact you.
Requirement for International Students
- The international students must apply 6 months before the session they wish to get enrolled.
- They should have proof of one English Language Proficiency Test.
- The complete detail of your passport data.
- All the required mark sheets of certificate, diploma, University transfer or post-graduate diploma.
- The same official link has to be followed by the international student for application submission.
The College of New Caledonia provides premium quality in the main building or Nahoonia for indigenous students. The housing is not only affordable but is also the centre of the market, transport and forest trails!
It is advisable to get an advanced building for accommodation.
For the main building APPLY HERE
For Nahoonia APPLY HERE
Hey! Do not forget to like this article and subscribe to Icy Canada. Also Check out British Columbia: 15 Remarkable Places to Visit from Icy Canada.
Click here to read more with us.