If you are traveling to Vancouver, do not miss the Vancouver Art Gallery, located at 750 Hornby Street opened every day at varied timings
Vancouver is one of North America’s most exciting and innovative visual arts institutions. The public is still amazed at the stories that they tell through art for nearly 90 years now!
You should definitely mark your visit and experience the fun yourself at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
See the worth of Canadian art from over a century ago. Further, you can also find international arts and much more, ranging from historical masters to contemporary visionaries.
If you want to be a part of this, then grab your tickets now and get to know some interesting facts that you might not know about the Vancouver Art Gallery.
1. What Is So Special about Vancouver Art Gallery?
The Vancouver Art Gallery is among the organizations that are working non-profitably and provides a global platform for the dynamic artistic community of British Columbia.
Moreover, you can also witness here the marvel of the artworks by historical masters as well as modern visionaries like Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas, Rodney Graham, Roy Arden, Ian Wallace, and more.
Initially, there were only around seven works by Canadian artists, but such a small number of artworks grew to a collection of over 12,000 pieces.
2. Highlights of the Vancouver Art Gallery
- You can explore the compilation of over 12,000 artworks that belong to well-known artists like Jeff Wall, Stan Douglas, and Rodney Graham.
- Witness the Canadian and international art of those historical masters and the contemporary visionaries which are preserved over a century.
- You’ll learn about the Vancouver School’s influence and witness the works of indigenous artists from the Institute of Asian Art.
- Get a unique and special gift from the Gallery Store.
- Sit and refuel your energy in the 1931 Gallery Bistro, a restaurant whose outdoor patio is something you can’t miss on a sunny day!
3. Opening Hours
opens every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, and the time is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For Friday and Tuesday, the timing is changed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Vancouver Art Gallery can be found in between the streets passing through the address 750 Hornby Street in Vancouver, Canada.
This place can be accessed by people in wheelchairs at street level from Hornby and Robson.
Service animals are also allowed; you can also rent a wheelchair if you want, and a caregiver along with the disabled visitor can enter the building free of charge.
6. Age Requirement
All ages are welcome here in the Vancouver Art Gallery.
7. Tickets and Pricing
General Admission includes adults who are 19 or older, which will cost them CA$30.50. Guests who are under the age of 18 can get in for free.
Tickets for the Vancouver Art Gallery can be easily purchased from the Fever website now.
All tickets include:
- Fast-track admission for visiting the gallery, which includes permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Public tours on Saturdays and Sundays are also available in certain languages like English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Punjabi.
8. Details You Should Know about the Iconic Art Gallery in Vancouver
- What: Explore the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- When: Available on various dates.
- Where: Vancouver Art Gallery located at Vancouver’s 750 Hornby Street in Canada.
- Timings: 10 am to 5 pm (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, and Sun); 10 am to 8 pm (Fri and Tues).
- Tickets: Purchase your tickets online from fever.com.
As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases.
The Icy Canada team strives to create content that matters. It’s why our content is written by travel writers, authority experts, well-known authors, and niche experts. Our content is also periodically reviewed by expert authors for accuracy and trustworthiness.As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases. [amazon_auto_links id="81298"]