Indeed, it is an online platform, and an app for job seekers based on their qualifications. Indeed solves the problem of going to many companies and finding jobs, and can be time-saving for both job seekers and employers. If you are experiencing any problems and want to delete your account, we will tell you how.
1. How to Delete Indeed Account
1.1 Step by Step Guide
Follow these steps to complete the process in a few minutes:
- When you open your Indeed app, the Indeed home page will appear, then click on the top right corner (three lines). There will be an option named setting select that option.
- When you click on settings, there is an option of “account settings.” Click on that option and scroll down to the end. There will be an option close my account.
- Click on Close my account. Several reasons will pop up for why you want to close your account. Choose the reason why you would like to close your account. Click on your answer, and your account will be permanently deleted by clicking on Close My Account.
Now, you cannot log in to your Indeed account from the same email address as it is now permanently deleted. However, if you are willing to sign up for an Indeed account, you will have to use a different email address.
1.2 How to Delete the Employer’s Account on Indeed?
If you’re facing any issues with your employer’s Indeed account and want to delete it. Here are the steps to delete your employers indeed account:
- You have to sign in to your Indeed account from the app or from the Indeed website.
- Now, indeed homepage will appear and at the top/upper right-hand corner of the screen, you have to find a dashboard> jobs
- Identify the position that is advertised.
- Click on manage budget.
- Now, click on Delete Budget at the end of the page
- Now, you have to click on delete plan if you have selected the cost per application plan.
1.2.1 Close/Pause Getting Notification from Sponsored Jobs
- Log in to your Indeed account.
- Now, you have to find the straight jobs tab.
- Identify the positions that are advertising.
- Now you have to click on “open” on the right side of the screen.
- click on stop/pause from the drop-down menu.
1.2.2 Cancel Your Resume Subscription by Going through Subscription Management.
- Log in to your Indeed account from the Indeed website or app.
- Click on the top/upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Search and go to ‘subscription management’.
- Select three points and place them.
- Afterwards, select “Unsubscribe” from the drop-down option.
- You now have the choice to click “NO” to decline or “CANCEL” to proceed.
2 How to Cancel Your Indeed Subscription?
Cancelling your Indeed subscription is a simple process. After you cancel, you can continue contacting candidates until the next billing date. Once your subscription becomes inactive, you have six months to transfer any remaining contacts to another active subscription.
Please note that when you cancel your subscription, you will not have access to job seeker’s name and contact information.
2.1 The Steps to Cancel Your Subscription are Given Below -:
- Sign in to your account.
- On the screen, at the top left corner, there will be an option to resume tab. Click on that.
- Then go to the top right corner and click on your email
- In that section, select subscription management
- Right next to your standard resume subscription, there will be three dots or more, Click on that.
- Now, Select Cancel subscription from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Cancel the subscription.
Finally, your subscription has been canceled.
2.2 How to Pause Your Indeed Subscription?
When you pause a subscription, it asks for the date you wish to continue your current plan. The subscription will continue till the date you have mentioned in the column.
If you have an annual subscription, the pausing of your Indeed subscription might not take effect for 11+ months. Here are the steps to pause your subscription:
- Go to indeed resumes tab and sign in.
- There will be a subscription management link in the upper/top right-hand corner.
- Now, On the right side of the subscription, there will be three dot icons; click on them.
- Now, click on pause subscription from the drop-down menu
- Select pause subscription.
- Your subscription is on hold, until you resume your subscription by clicking resume subscription sign.
3. The Relevant Questions on How to Delete Indeed Account.
The most frequently asked questions are answered below. If you have any doubts, refer to the section below and check for the same.
- How long does it take to delete an Indeed account? – Deleting an Indeed account is a quick process that only takes a few minutes, but it may take several days to delete all data from your account.
- Is deleting an Indeed account illegal? – No, it’s completely legal.
- If I have deleted my Indeed account, can I get it back? – No, you can’t get back your Indeed account because it is an irreversible action.
- Will deleting my Indeed account affect my job applications? – Yes, deleting your Indeed account will affect your job application because it will delete all the messages you had with employers and even your job application
What will happen to my resume once I delete my account? –Once you delete your Indeed account, your information and resume will be unavailable to employers, and all of your saved data will be deleted.
The Indeed app is for job seekers. It has helped many people find their dream jobs. But, if you don’t want to use your Indeed account, you can delete your Indeed account by following the steps mentioned above, and you can’t use the same account again.
If you want to use Indeed in the future, you can create a new Indeed account. Further, if you want your data back, you can fill out the personal data request form and Indeed will give you your data. I hope these steps helped you with how to delete Indeed account.