The Hidden Ridge Resort proves to be a perfect destination, especially for the residents of Canada. So, let’s explore the 8 interesting things you can do here.
The Hidden Ridge Resort being in a secluded and calm place, makes it one of the best places in Banff. Moreover, this resort is just a mile away from the downtown Banff area.
The Hidden Ridge Resort features huge apartments with modern condo-style arrangements that feature balconies, full kitchens, and wood-burning fireplaces.
The resort also offers some relaxing facilities like two outdoor hot tubs and a sauna that will help you relax after a long day exploring various sites.
In addition to that, it offers two BBQ year-round and picnic areas where you can spend a joyful time with your family and friends. There is also a children’s playground and free on-site parking facilities.
All visitors can explore some naturally beautiful sites like Tunnel Mountain and Banff Gondola. Besides, this resort also offers many outdoor and adventure activities—for instance, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, rafting, hiking, and a lot more.
The Hidden Ridge Resort providing ample facilities and adventure opportunities suitable to everyone’s needs, proves to be the best destination to explore.
Apartments at the Hidden Ridge Resort:
1. Deluxe 1- bedroom apartment- 1 Queen Bed:
This apartment is located on the ground floor and allows a maximum of 4 guests, out of which a maximum of 2 must be adults. There will be extra charges to accommodate guests more than the maximum count. The facilities that this apartment includes are:
- A separate living room with a wood-burning fireplace and a sofa bed
- One bedroom with a queen bed.
- Free WiFi
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher.
2. Deluxe one-bedroom apartment- 2 Queen Beds:
The rates in this apartment are based on 2 guests. It holds a maximum occupancy of 6 guests. This apartment allows 4 guests with a maximum of 4 adults. The amenities that this apartment includes are:
- A separate living room with a sofa bed and a wood-burning fireplace.
- Two large rooms with a double bed each.
- Full kitchen including microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, stovetop, etc.
- Free WiFi
3. Deluxe one-bedroom apartment- Loft 3 Queen Beds:
The maximum occupancy in this apartment is 6 guests with a maximum of 6 adults. The rate of every room is based on 2 guests. This apartment includes amenities like:
- A living room with a sofa bed and a wood-burning fireplace
- There is an open loft with one queen bed and two separate bedrooms with queen beds.
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, dining table, oven, toaster, etc.
- 1.5 bathrooms
- Free WiFi
4. Two bedroom apartment- Loft 3 Queen Beds:
This spacious apartment permits a maximum of 6 guests, out of which a maximum of 6 people must be adults. The rate of the room is based on 4 guests. This apartment includes facilities such as:
- A living room with a sofa bed and a fireplace.
- There is an open loft with 1 queen bed and two other separate bedrooms with one queen bed each.
- Full kitchen with dining table, refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle, dishwasher, etc.
- 2 bathrooms
- Free WiFi
5. Two bedroom apartment- Loft 4 Queens:
The maximum occupancy of this apartment is 8 guests. The room rates are based on 4 guests. This apartment permits a maximum of 6 guests, out of which a maximum of 6 must be adults. Facilities in this apartment include:
- A living room with a sofa bed and a wood-burning fireplace.
- There is an open loft area with one queen bed and two separate bedrooms with one queen bed each.
- Laundry facilities.
- Full kitchen with dining table, microwave, refrigerator.
6. Premium 2 bedroom apartment with games room- Loft 3 Queens:
This apartment offers 4 floors has a maximum occupancy of 8 guests. The rate of rooms is charged as per 4 guests. This spacious apartment permits a maximum of 6 guests and 6 adults. The facilities include:
- Living room with sofa bed and a wood-burning fireplace.
- There is an open loft area with one queen bed and two other separate bedrooms with a queen bed each.
- Full kitchen including dining table, dishwasher, stovetop, oven, electric kettle, etc.
- 2 bathrooms
- Free WiFi
The Hidden Ridge Resort offers you some of the best amenities to help you have a relaxing and enjoyable time. It will provide you with all the comfort you wish will wish for. Here are the top amenities that this resort offers to all its visitors:
1. Pool and Spa-
Hot Tub – Have a relaxing time in the hot tubs after a tiring day of adventure activities.
Sauna bath – Have a refreshing and hydrating experience at the sauna.
Wood burning fireplaces – There are wood-burning fireplaces in every apartment to help visitors stay warm and comfortable.
2. Bedrooms, Bathrooms, and Laundry-
Premium quality bedding – The Hidden Ridge Resort doesn’t fail to provide maximum comfort to its visitors and offers high-quality bedding. It will give you a good sleep.
Hypo-allergenic bedding – Considering all the safety measures, the bedding is also constructed to be hypo-allergenic.
Bed sheets provided – You will not be required to carry any pillows or bed sheets along with you to this resort. All of those will be provided.
Combined shower – There are also combined showers in all the bathrooms at this resort.
Free toiletries – You will have access to soaps, handwash, sanitizers, shampoos, toilet paper, etc., at the Hidden Ridge Resort free of cost.
Dry cleaning – The Hidden Ridge Resort offers excellent laundry and dry cleaning facilities; thus, you will not have to worry about getting your clothes dirty.
Laundry facilities – There are other laundry facilities available for you to make use of.
3. Kitchen and Dining-
Various kitchen facilities like refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, etc., are available. In addition, coffee and tea are available in the common dining area.
Flat-screen TV – After all the fun you have had at this place throughout the day, you can relax and watch all your favorite shows.
DVD players – There is also a DVD player to watch various movies, etc.
5. Parking and transport-
Free parking on-site – You can conveniently drive into the Hidden Ridge Resort as this place provides you with a free parking facility. On-site parking includes off-street parking.
BBQ facilities – You can have the perfect barbeque meal while enjoying the beautiful atmosphere of this place.
Picnic area – The resort offers a picnic area with picnic tables to plan a cute picnic date or a fun picnic with your children.
7. Other services
- Daily housekeeping
- Luggage storage
- Iron/ironing boards
- Fireplace in reception
- Vending machine
- Free local calls
- 24-hour front desk
Activities to do at Hidden Ridge Resort:
The Hidden Ridge Resort not only offers you a lot of relaxing amenities but numerous adventures opportunities to make your trip super exciting and fun.
Being located in Banff, there are a lot of activities that you can be a part of while you are staying at Hidden Ridge. You can go for a canoe ride, or a rafting trip, maybe a horseback ride. If that’s not enough, go for a helicopter flight or a sightseeing tour.
1. Banff Gondola
2. Banff Sightseeing Chairlift
4. Lake Louise Gondola
5. Whitewater Rafting
6. Helicopter flights
7. Horseback riding
8. Via Ferrata
9. ATV Tour
10. Banff Lake Cruise
12. Cave tour
13. Zipline tour
There is something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a snowmobile tour, ice walk, dogsled tour, sleigh ride, helicopter flight, or sightseeing tour.
1. Snow Tubing
2. Snowshoe tour
3. Ice Climbing
4. Dogsled tour
5. Sleigh tour
8. Ice Fishing
Best time to visit:
There is no specific time to visit the Hidden Ridge Resort. One can visit this place anytime during the year and have an equally exciting and fun-filled experience.
How to reach:
The Hidden Ridge Resort, Banff, is within walking distance from the town of Banff, the distance being just around 2 km, and the journey takes approximately 5 minutes.
There are various ways to get to the Hidden Ridge Resort.
Shuttles and Transit:
Enjoy the scenic views while traveling from downtown Calgary to Banff National Park using several transit options. On-It Regional Transit or Banff Express are two transit options you can choose from to have a relaxed journey.
If you are traveling from the Calgary international airport to Banff, then you can consider transit options like Banff Chauffeur, Discover Banff Tours, Banff Airporter, and many more.
If you are planning to take a drive, you can drive through the well-maintained TransCanada Highway along the Banff National Park. The drive will approximately take 90 minutes. If you are coming from the east, you can drive west of Calgary, Alberta, to reach Banff located 140 km away.
It is a long, picturesque drive of around 850 km to Banff Lake Louise from the west.
You can easily reach the Calgary international airport as many airlines direct fly here and are also well connected to other airports. Once you are at the Calgary international airport, you can further take the shuttle or transit service to reach Banff or Banff Lake Louise.
Food at Hidden Ridge Resort:
At the Hidden Ridge Resort, you will have access to vending machines for snacks and drinks. Moreover, as the apartments at this resort offer full kitchen facilities, you can cook your food and enjoy the BBQ facilities.
Apart from that, several well-renowned restaurants are located around the Hidden Ridge Resort, where you can explore your taste buds. Here is a list of the top 16 restaurants that offer several mouthwatering dishes:
- Cougar Pete’s Restaurant & Lookout (0.4 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- The Prow (0.6 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Buffalo Mountain Cafe (0.6 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Japanese Restaurant Miki (0.8 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar – Banff Caribou (1.1 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Carlito’s Pizzaria (1.2 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Chili’s Grill and Bar (1.3 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- El Toro (1.6 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Ticino Swiss-Italian Restaurant (1.7 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Farm and Fire (1.9 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Hello Sunshine Banff Sushi (2.1 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar (2.1 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- COWS Banff (2.2 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- The Bear Street Tavern (2.2 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- La Terrazza (2.3 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
- Chuck’s Steakhouse (2.3 km away from Hidden Ridge Resort)
Policies at the Hidden Ridge Resort:
One must keep in mind certain policies while planning to stay at the Hidden Ridge Resort:
- The check-in time at this resort is from 4 PM onwards.
- The check-out time is until 11 AM.
- There is a minimum age restriction of 18 years for check-in.
- One can also bring their pets to the Hidden Ridge Resort. However, extra charges may be applicable for the same. Not all rooms are pet-friendly, so one will have to check for availability.
- Credit cards like Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express are accepted at the Hidden Ridge Resort.
- Children of any age are welcome here, and there are no stay charges for them. However, children aged 17 years and above are considered adults, and charges are applied accordingly.
- Make sure to mention the number of children and age to check for correct rates and accommodation availability.
- There is no capacity for any infant cots or extra beds at this resort.
In a nutshell, the Hidden Ridge Resort, having so much to offer to its visitors, definitely proves to be the ultimate destination, especially for the Canadians to escape from their busy daily schedule and have a relaxing plus adventure-filled experience.
So if you are planning a weekend getaway or something, do give Hidden Ridge Resort a try. It will be worth your time and of course money.
Also if you have already been here, do share your experiences with us. We would love to hear about it.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article.