You’ve probably heard of many banana cake recipes. There aren’t many things better than the classic banana cake recipe. However, there are various varieties of banana cakes as well.
This list includes 30 types of banana cakes, each with a special recipe and ingredients. So relax and get ready to discover some incredible banana-based inventions.
When it comes to banana cakes, you can’t go wrong. However, unless you feel like it, you usually don’t even need frosting because they are so wonderful and filling.
This article includes numerous vegan and gluten-free banana cake recipes for preparing your favorite type of banana cake with some fun twists on the traditional flavors. The majority of the steps involved in producing banana cakes are the same; the main variation is in the ingredients.
1. Banana Cake Recipe With Chocolate Frosting
How to make the banana cake:
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350°F (175°C). An 8-inch (20-cm) round cake pan should be lined with parchment paper and greased with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- The flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder should all be completely blended in a large bowl.
- Beat 3/4 cup (150g) of the granulated sugar in a different large bowl with an electric mixer set to medium speed for about 5 minutes, or until it is light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until they are mixed but not overbeaten.
- Mix in half of the mashed bananas and the melted butter or margarine until smooth but still pourable. Add the remaining mashed bananas during the final stage of mixing, where they should be thoroughly combined but not overmixed because we don’t want any lumps either. Add vanilla extract, if desired, and 1 cup (250 ml), adding more milk as needed depending on how thick you want your batter to come out.
2. Banana Cake Recipe With Brown Sugar Frosting
This banana cake recipe is a great way to use up any extra bananas you have in the fridge. It’s sweet and moist, with a nice crunchy crust on top. The frosting is simple—just add some brown sugar and butter to your mixer and beat until smooth.
Ingredients in this recipe for the banana cake:
- 2 cups flour, plus more flour for dusting.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 eggs Vegetable oil, 1/4 cup.
- 1 cup of mashed bananas and 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract brown sugar.
- 3/4 cup 30 ml of sour cream (or Greek yogurt).
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter.
How to make Banana Cake Recipe with Brown Sugar Frosting:
- Set oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use coconut oil to coat an 8×8-inch baking sheet if you prefer a healthy alternative to the nonstick cooking spray.
- Do not overmix the dry ingredients; simply combine them in a big bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients gently in a large bowl until there are no lumps (about 30 seconds).
- Once evenly spread onto the prepared pan, use a back-and-forth motion while dragging a spatula across the surface several times to ensure that all sides are covered. Reserve the remaining half of the dry ingredients for topping later.
- Pour batter into pan; bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
3. Banana Cake Recipe With Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup softened butter
- 50 ml of shortening
- Sugar, two cups
- Four big eggs or five egg whites (very large)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- 3 cups regular flour
- Baking powder, two teaspoons
4. Banana Cake With Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2-cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- Baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of bananas, mashed (about 2 large)
- 1 8-ounce package of softened, room-temperature cream cheese was used as frosting.
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter (1 tablespoon if using margarine)
- Cinnamon, 2 to 3 teaspoons; nutmeg, one pinch.
5. Simple Banana Cake Recipe
- Flour, 1 cup
- Baking powder, half a teaspoon (this will help make the cake rise)
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon (to help prevent yeast from growing too quickly)
- Before cooking, let two eggs sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. If you want them to be fluffy and light, you can also use fresh eggs.
- three tablespoons of melted butter or oil (or other fat)
- Using a fork, mash two ripe bananas until they are smooth.
6. Cream Cheese Banana Cake Recipe
For those who enjoy banana cake and want to try something new, this is a terrific recipe. It’s also simple to create! Any kind of cream cheese will do, even vegan varieties.
- Four egg yolks
- Granulated sugar, 3/4 cup
- 50 g of brown sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter extract or another flavoring, such as orange zest or almond extract all-purpose flour, 1 3/4 cups 2/tbsp of baking powder 1 teaspoon of salt.
7. Easy Banana Cake Recipe
Ingredients used and how to make:
- 12 cups softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar and an additional tablespoon for sprinkling on the cake’s top just before serving
- 2 room-temperature egg whites (or 1 full egg), beating until stiff but not dry.
- Adding one egg yolk at a time will increase the sweetness if desired.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into very thin slices if you wish to prepare this recipe with fresh bananas.
- Use roughly 3/4 cup of banana slices per loaf pan; this is how much space my oven consumes when I bake a 9 x 13 pan of dough.
- If it seems difficult, don’t worry; baking times change according to how thickly your banana slices are sliced.
- If it appears that there is no way for all of the banana slices to get cooked through, don’t be alarmed; simply put another batch into the oven after 10 minutes, if required. Baking timings vary depending on how thickly your banana slices are sliced.
8. Two-layer Banana Cake Recipe
Banana cake in two layers with chocolate, peanut butter, and cinnamon-cream cheese icing. The fact that this recipe is so simple to prepare is its best feature. This recipe will become your go-to when you want something sweet but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
9. Fruit and Nut-Filled Banana Cake Recipe
This is a great banana cake recipe that uses nuts and fruit, like strawberries. It’s easy to make, so you can use it as a base for other recipes.
- 2-cups of flour (1 cup white and 1 cup whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 salt shaker (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup of sugar (or to taste)
- 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter or oil, and a gentle whisking
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
10. Light Banana Cake Recipe
Nuts aren’t included in this banana cake recipe. Nothing sweet. neither buttercream nor icing. No sour cream, heavy cream, or oil (the fat content in these ingredients will make your cake taste too rich and heavy).
11. Chocolate Glaze Banana Cake Recipe
You’ll need a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan for this recipe. 350° Fahrenheit for 50 to 55 minutes of baking (175 degrees Celsius). Before icing with chocolate glaze, allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack after cooling in the pan for 10 minutes.
12. Lemon Glazed Banana Cake Recipe
This recipe for the lemon glazed banana cake is ideal if you want a cake that is both moist and zesty. Just enough sparkle is added by the lemon juice icing to let it shine through.
Instead of margarine or oil, we suggest using butter to make this delicious dessert (butter gives it a richer flavor). If preferred, you can omit the pecans and replace 1 cup each of flaked coconut.
13. Mini Cupcake Glaze Banana Cake Recipes
Banana cake recipes for mini cupcakes with glaze are a fantastic method to bake a tasty treat. Both home preparation and pre-made versions are available at the grocery shop.
You’ll need the following supplies to get started:
- 50 g of butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup
- 3 eggs
14. Classic Banana Cake Recipe
How to make:
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit should be used for oven temperature. Cooking spray should be used to grease and parchment paper to line an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Beat sugar and butter in a sizable bowl until they are light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- One at a time, add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- After that, add the vanilla essence and mashed bananas, stirring well while sometimes scraping the bowl’s sides.
- In a separate large basin, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just incorporated.
15. Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cream the butter and brown sugar for about five minutes, or until they are light and fluffy, in a different bowl, a big measuring cup, or in your KitchenAid.
Using an electric mixer set to high speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the bowl’s sides as necessary.
Just combine the first half of the dry ingredients, then fold in the remaining dry ingredients by hand with a rubber spatula until blended (don’t overmix).
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, after spreading the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Must read: 4 Best Cakes In Toronto: A Little Sweetness
16. Chunky Monkey Banana Cake Recipe
Using up those overripe bananas with this recipe is a terrific idea. Because they can assist with the chopping and mixing, it’s also a terrific way to involve your kids in cooking.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- one tablespoon of baking powder
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 eggs One sugar cup Vegetable oil, one cup (or coconut oil) 2 bananas, crushed into small pieces when ripe.
- Cocoa powder, 3 teaspoons boil three teaspoons of water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
17. Banana and Spice Cake Recipe
There are numerous ways to create banana and spice cakes. The following recipe calls for the traditional combination of flour, sugar, and butter. Still, you can experiment with your flavor combinations by substituting cinnamon or nutmeg for the vanilla extract in the recipe (which would be delicious). You can include chocolate or omit it entirely.
18. Banana Cake With Spices
Ingredients used and how to make:
- 1 stick of butter, 3/4 cup, softened
- Sugar, two cups
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 cup room temperature milk (or half & half)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Grease and line two 9″ round pans with parchment paper circles, then preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
19. Banana Loaf Cake
The ideal substitute for banana bread is banana loaf cake, which is very simple to create. If you’d like, you can add chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe, but it’s already so good that you won’t need to.
20. Vegan banana Cake recipe
If you’re lactose intolerant, this recipe provides an excellent vegan substitute for traditional banana cake.
21. Jamaican Banana Cake Recipe
The traditional Jamaican delicacy known as “Jamaica banana cake” is frequently made with rum. To make it, combine the egg yolk and white until they are thick, then stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and butter. After being sprinkled with coconut shreds, the mixture is baked in a tin pan until golden.
Jamaican banana cake can be consumed on its own or as a component of bigger meals like breakfast, lunch, or even dinner! In a version of this dish, pineapple juice is substituted for orange juice to create “banana cake with pineapple,” which sounds delectable as well.
22. Banana and Cream Cheese Layer Cake with Orange Curd
- Two bananas.
- Orange juice, 1 cup
- 50 g of sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (1 package)
- 1 tablespoon melted and slightly cooled butter
How to make:
Mix each ingredient in a medium basin until everything is properly combined. Pour the mixture onto a skillet that has been coated with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
When you probe the parchment paper with a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake, it comes out clean after 50 minutes of baking at 350 degrees. To make it simpler to frost later, let the cake cool completely before flipping it over onto a serving platter.
23. Banana Rum and Raisin Loaf Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- Sugar, two cups
- 3 big eggs, forked-blended lightly
- Sift 2 cups of flour and add 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 salt shaker
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, mash three very ripe bananas into a thick puree. Set aside to cool somewhat before using.
- When served with whipped cream cheese icing, a loaf cake should have a glaze on top made with 6 tablespoons black rum (or spiced rum); normal milk can be used in place of half the amount of rum if you wish your cake to be less sweet.
24. Fluffy Banana Sponge Cake
This recipe makes a light banana sponge cake with vanilla buttercream on top. You can keep one cake for yourself and give the other to a friend because the recipe yields two cakes.
- 2-cups of flour
- A half-teaspoon of baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- 2 eggs (beaten) (beaten)
- melted 3 tablespoons of butter or oil
- milk, 3 tablespoons
25. Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe Without Gluten
This recipe is excellent for people with allergies or dietary limitations because recipes are both gluten-free and vegan. Since cream cheese is used to make the icing, it is also vegan.
Melted chocolate chips or ganache can be used to make the glaze for the cake’s top (ganache has more sugar than regular chocolate chip cookies).
26. Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Banana Dark Rum Banana Cake
Anyone looking to create a gluten-free dessert would love this recipe. It has a flavor recipe for rum and is more fascinating than a standard banana cake. If you want to spice up this otherwise boring cake, adding chocolate chips is a simple way to do so.
27. Gluten-free Banana Walnut Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This banana walnut cake is dairy- and gluten-free in addition to being gluten-free. It takes less than an hour to prepare and is composed entirely of natural components. Only four basic ingredients—flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, mashed bananas (but not too much), oil, and vanilla extract—are needed for this recipe (optional).
The out recipe is a luscious banana cake that is studded with walnuts and has the same flavor as something you might find in your favorite bakery.
28. Wheat-Free Chocolate, Oat, and Hazelnut Brownie (Gluten-Free)
This recipe is vegan, gluten-frRecipeeat-free, egg-free (if you use gluten-free oats), simple, and quick to prepare.
29. Vegan Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- Coconut flour, two tablespoons (for gluten-free)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (for vegans)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (for vegan)
Set the oven to 350°F and paper liners a 12-cup muffin tray. All ingredients should be blended in a medium basin. In the prepared molds, evenly distribute the batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. 5 minutes should pass before serving. Enjoy!
30. Vegan One Bowl Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Streusel Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars with bananas, walnuts, and streusel are a delicious and healthy way to satisfy your sweet taste. You can prepare these vegan, gluten-free cheesecake bars in advance and freeze them for later because they are so easy to make!
Because the recipe contains peanuRecipeer and chocolate, they are also simple for anyone who enjoys either of those flavors.
Banana cakes are fantastic. They taste great, are delicious, and can be prepared in a variety of ways. A banana cake is a delicious treat that works well as a snack or for any occasion.
Because it contains banana, which is rich in vitamins and minerals including potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C, it is also nutritious.
Recipes for banana cakes are a fantastic way to use up bananas that are too ripe to eat. Banana cakes can be made in a variety of ways, but they all share the qualities of sweetness and delicacy.
When searching for the ideal banana cake recipe for your upcoming birthday celebration or family reunion, keep the following things in mind:
- Are you interested in a simple chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake? Or how about a pie with three layers of coconut cream and vanilla bean ice cream?
- The quality of your dessert will depend on the frosting you use, so don’t cut corners. We have recipes in our collection for Dulce de Leche Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting and Ferrero Rocher Buttercream Frosting that are sure to catch the attention of everyone at the table.
A terrific dessert to create is a banana cake, which is simple to customize with your preferred components. Go ahead and stir in nuts or chocolate chips to your heart’s content!
Whether you are in the mood for butter and cream cheese, cooled cake, moist banana cake delicious banana cake, frosted banana cake, or something else, The recipe will help you make the best banana cake.
Just be aware that some of these recipes might call for additional baking time. I hope this advice has assisted you in selecting the ideal banana cake recipe for your upcoming gathering.
Click here to read more.