A comfort food perfect for winter, the chicken noodle soup recipe is very healthy, famous, and super delicious. Chicken broth, vegetables, chicken pieces, and noodles combined make this phenomenal piece of art.
The chicken noodle soup recipe is originally Chinese cuisine, but being famous worldwide, chicken noodle soup is a dish loved by people all around the globe.
The Campbell’s were first introduced the chicken noodle soup recipe as a canned delicacy in 1934, and the dish got sold heavily as the best chicken noodle soup in America since then.
Having many health benefits, the chicken noodle soup recipe is famous and known to all people worldwide. The recipe has been constantly modified over the years by many people in a lot of countries.
Even though the recipe being quite simple, homemade chicken noodle soup is just the thing you need on a cold winter day. Some people prefer to prepare a homemade broth for the soup, while some prefer using a store-bought broth to speed up the process and prepare a quick and easy chicken noodle soup.
Similarly, a lot of people prefer making the soup creamy. Although the chicken soup recipe is being modified, the true essence of chicken noodle soup remains the same.
How is Canadian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Different From That Of China’s?
The article discusses the two most common chicken noodle soup recipes. The traditional Chinese recipe of a classic chicken noodle soup recipe and the Canadian homemade chicken noodle soup recipe.
Although the two recipes are almost the same and include the basic ingredients used in making chicken noodle soup, the two recipes offer a whole new taste altogether with a few modifications.
Let’s take a look at the Chinese classic Chicken noodle soup recipe.
Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
The soup in the traditional Chinese chicken noodle soup is all about the flavors. Spices like ginger and Sichuan peppercorns bring aroma to the chicken noodle soup. The traditional Chinese homemade chicken noodle soup is made with chicken broth cooked from scratch.
Although not many people cook chicken broth from scratch these days and use store-bought broth for chicken noodle soup, the chicken broth recipe is also available on many blogs online.
The recipe for the traditional homemade chicken noodle soup is very easy and very healthy. Using loads of vegetables, spices, and all good things of chicken, the recipe is perfect for warming up on cold days.
Ingredients For The Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken Used In Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
For this recipe, you are required to use bone-in or skinless chicken thighs or split chicken breasts. As these two parts have bones, the soup will absorb all the richness from the bones.
Since the chicken noodle soup recipe is all about the flavors and goodness of chicken, it is essential to use chicken bones to make it healthier.
Boneless chicken breasts cannot provide all the flavors and nutrients to the soup. Using split chicken breasts will make your soup more flavourful.
Chicken Broth Used In Chicken Soup Recipe
Chicken broth is also an essential ingredient in chicken noodle soup. You can use a store brought chicken broth or use a homemade chicken broth.
For chicken broth, you can use boned chicken as well as chicken meat simmered on the stove. Chicken bone broth is great for making chicken soup from scratch as compared to chicken stock.
Egg Noodles And Other Noodles You Can Use In Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
There are various varieties of egg noodles that can be used in the chicken noodle soup recipe. Other than egg noodles, you can also use organic pasta or gluten-free pasta.
As recommended by experts, egg noodles are the best choice of noodles for the chicken noodle soup recipe. Frozen egg noodles, dry egg noodles, and Amish egg noodles are a few egg noodles used in chicken noodle soup.
2 Servings Of The Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Olive oil ( 1 tsp)
- Bone-in chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs (2)
- Garlic cloves (4)
- Sliced carrots
- Green onions
- Bay leaf
- French beans
Chicken soup ingredients
- Low sodium chicken broth or homemade chicken broth.
- Sichuan peppers
- Cumin seeds
- Soy sauce
- Baby bok choy
- Other vegetables or frozen veggies
- Salt and pepper
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup For 2
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot and add raw chicken when hot enough while keeping the pot on medium heat. Flip the chicken thighs or chicken breast when golden.
- Add spices including ginger, garlic, and green onions to the golden chicken thighs or chicken breast.
- Add your preferred sauces, bay leaf, cilantro, and add chicken stock or chicken bone broth. Bring to a boil and then cook on low to medium heat covered for about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare uncooked noodles separately.
Homemade chicken soup recipe
- Remove all the solid ingredients. Take out the cooked chicken breast or chicken thighs and shred chicken breast meat from the bones.
- Add salt and pepper and your preferred sauces.
- You can also prepare extra chicken stock or broth and freeze it, and you can use the leftover chicken stock or frozen bone broth in chicken soup or sauces for a few weeks.
- Add sliced carrots, fresh spinach, bok choy, and other vegetables you want to add.
- Cook for a few minutes until the texture looks great. Add shredded chicken to the chicken soup and noodles separately into a serving bowl.
- You can also add minced vegetables, powdered garlic, and other spices to accelerate the process.
- For more flavor in your chicken noodle soup, you can add fresh thyme, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper according to your taste.
This fantastic recipe for a classic chicken noodle soup is all about chicken soup with so much flavor. You can also cook the broth and soup from scratch with more flavor and goodness. All these ingredients can be easily found at any grocery store.
You can also use shredded rotisserie chicken at the end if you do not wish to use chicken thighs. The rotisserie chicken can level up the flavors and simplify the process so you can make an easy chicken noodle soup.
This chicken noodle soup recipe has the best chicken soup. Once you have made this recipe, you will very conveniently love chicken noodle soup than on. Homemade chicken noodle soup is a delicious recipe for cold winter days.
Canadian Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Although chicken noodle soup is a universally loved dish, it is constantly being improved and recreated differently. The perfect cold partner is loved in Canada as well.
A delicious recipe combining homemade chicken soup with egg noodles, chicken stock, and cooked chicken thighs made this recipe the best chicken soup you will ever taste.
Most Canadian-style chicken noodle soups are made creamy; although some people love it in the old form, this new alteration makes chicken noodle soup irresistible.
Chicken used in the best chicken noodle soup
Like the recipe before, you can use skinless chicken thighs, chicken breast, leftover chicken, skinless chicken breast, and even leftover rotisserie chicken to make chicken noodle soup.
You can use a whole chicken, but only the chicken thighs are the perfect part of the chicken to use in chicken noodle soup. So you might want to cut chicken thighs for the chicken noodle soup.
Leftover chicken can be a great flavor addition to the chicken noodle soup, but canned chicken available at the grocery store may not be a perfect choice.
Chicken thighs cooked in delicious soup with so much flavor make the chicken noodle soup a great recipe. Chicken thighs cooked in olive oil add more flavor to the chicken soup than chicken cooked in melted butter.
Noodles to use in chicken noodle soup
Again same as the recipe before, you can use noodles according to your taste preference. Some people love their noodles thin; some like thick noodles soak the chicken soup and give a mushy taste in chicken noodle soup.
Though the best noodles to use in chicken noodles soup are egg noodles, there are many egg noodles, and all of them are easily available.
Chicken Broth that constitutes the best chicken soup
The broth is again one of the prime ingredients of this soothing chicken soup singularly and the chicken noodle soup.
Many people make this recipe with store-bought broth, but you can easily prepare a bone broth for the best homemade chicken soup. You can also store the broth and make a quick and easy chicken noodle soup recipe.
Ingredients for creamy and the best chicken noodle soup recipe
- Olive Oil (2tsp)
- Fresh parsley
- Onion (1)
- Garlic clove (1)
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Chicken broth
- Sliced carrots (1)
- Egg noodles (1 cup)
- Chicken thighs or chicken breast ( skinless)
- Rib celery (1)
- Whipping cream (1/4)
- All-purpose flour ( 3 tbsp)
- Other vegetables you might want to add
Easy chicken noodle soup recipe
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and cook onion on medium heat. You can also use an instant pot for cooking the soup. Instant pot is easy to use and cooks the best soup in a much shorter time.
- Put in carrots, spices, thyme, celery, salt, and pepper and cook along with the onion for a few minutes.
- Cook noodles separately; you might not want to cook the noodles along with broth as the noodles soak a lot of broth.
A great recipe to cook the best soup from scratch
- Add broth and chicken, and you can use rotisserie chicken or chicken thighs. If you have a whole chicken, you might want to use only chicken thighs as they are juicier.
- Bring to boil and then cover for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Take out the rotisserie chicken and shred the meat.
Creamy chicken soup
- For a creamy soup, you can add whipping cream, all-purpose flour with a cup of water. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Add in the soup and mix properly. Bring the soup to boil so that the cream mix with soup thoroughly. Simmer the heat until the texture is thick and creamy.
- Add the rotisserie chicken pieces and fresh parsley. Along with fresh parsley, you add other seasonings for more flavor as well.
- Serve this delicious soup hot in a bowl and a garnish of cilantro.
If you have made this recipe before, you might already know that this is counted among the easiest and most delicious soup recipes.
This is a great recipe to add leftover or already cooked and enjoy its goodness. You do not need a whole chicken to make this dish.
The dynamic combination of three flavors from broth, chicken to herbs, and noodles made this recipe great.
Slight moderations made this soup a great recipe
People have been recreating classic recipes with slight changes and making them great for a long time. Something like this has also happened to chicken noodle soup, and the formula is made differently everywhere around the world.
Lemon juice chicken noodle soup
Another one of these slight changes is adding lemon juice to the recipe; this change has made chicken noodle soup a great recipe. The lemon juice recipe called lemony chicken noodle soup gives new flavors to the dish.
You can add lemon juice at the end and balance the flavors of all the spices and sauces. Along with lemon juice, many such changes can be made to add more flavor to your soup.
Seasoning to your chicken noodle soup
Just like lemon juice, you can also add poultry seasoning to your broth. This seasoning has a lot of flavor to the broth. Add the seasoning to the broth, simmer, cook for a few minutes in the slow cooker, and add other ingredients.
Easiest and delicious recipe of all time
Even with all the moderations, with a creamy chicken noodle soup, lemon juice chicken noodle soup, all loved traditional chicken noodle soup. It is the most delicious, healthy, and easiest recipe and can be cooked for everyone.
You can cook it in the soup pot, slow cooker, or instant pot; chicken noodle soup can never disappoint you.
If you liked this article be sure to check other articles on our website.
As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases.
The Icy Canada team strives to create content that matters. It’s why our content is written by travel writers, authority experts, well-known authors, and niche experts. Our content is also periodically reviewed by expert authors for accuracy and trustworthiness.As an Amazon Associate, Icy Canada earns from qualifying purchases. [amazon_auto_links id="81298"]