Located in the northern part of North America, Canada, the second-largest country in the world is truly a wonder! The country has the most literate population and one of the lowest population density in the world, making it one of the best places to live and visit. Do you know that Canada is the home to 10% of the world forest and has the largest Coastline in the world?
Canada is surely among one of the best places to visit and stay. Wondering how to visit this magnificent country?
Well, do not worry as we have got it simplified! Canada, like every other country, has certain requirements for getting the visitor visa, but they are not complex! Read this article to know how you can visit this country.
Here is how you can get a Canadian Visitor Visa.
What Is the Canadian Visitor Visa?
A visitor visa, also called the Temporary Resident Visa, is an immigration document that allows non-Canadians nationals to enter and visit Canada. Unless you belong from a visa-exempt country having travel exemptions, you would require a visitor visa to travel in Canada.
The Canadian visitor visa can be classified into two types – Single entry visas and multiple entry visas. A single entry visa would allow you to enter Canada only once. In contrast, the multiple entry visa would allow you to enter Canada as many times as you wish to as long as your visa is valid.
Note that applicants are directly considered for multiple Canada visitor visas and only under special circumstances are granted a single entry visa which are:
- When your purpose of coming into Canada is limited, for example, if a foreign national arrives on an official visit.
- If you are participating in a one-time special event held in Canada.
- Due to certain country-specific procedures or guidelines which are approved by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC]
With the Single entry Canada visitor visa, you can travel to the United States of America back and forth if your single entry visa for the period authorized has not ended, you do not require a second temporary resident visa to come back to Canada.
The Multiple entry visa will allow you to travel to Canada for six months straight as many times you want as long as your visa is valid. The visa is usually valid for ten years; however, the exact duration of validity is subject to the discretion of the issuing visa officer.
You can apply for the Canada visitor visa through both offline and online means. If you decide to go ahead with the application process through offline means, you should firstly download the application form for your visa and then proceed further. Whereas if you decide to apply online, you will require a credit card, a camera, and a scanner to apply for the visa.
You should fill the application form for the Canada visitor visa carefully and check out the instruction guide on the official website before filling the form. You should keep all the documents required ready else the application can get refused or returned. You must attach the single waiver form to your application to avoid getting a delay or a rejection of the form.
Filling in the details correctly is an essential step in getting your Canada visitor visa. Once you are done filling the form, you need to proceed with the payment of fees on the official website.
Visit your local Canada visa application center. Give your completed application to the center. They will take your biometrics and ask for the service charge. Once you are done, the center will place an ‘approved’ stamp on your passport.
Give a read to this article too.
Who Requires the Canadian Visitor Visa?
All people entering Canada would require a Canada visitor visa unless they are permanent residents of Canada or belong from a visa-exempt country. If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you are not allowed to apply for the visitor visa, even if, your president resident card has expired. You should instead apply for the Permanent resident travel document.
Canadian citizens and dual citizens are too exempted from applying for the Canadian visitor visa and are only allowed to travel through a valid Canadian passport. It must be noted that as many as 55 countries are granted visa exemption, but the citizens of these countries do require an Electronic Travel Authorization [eTA] to enter Canada. However, the citizens of the United States of America do not require the eTA to enter Canada and can enter only on the valid U.S passports.
Applying for the eTA is a rather simple procedure. All you need to do is fill in the application form which asks for your personal information like your name. You need to be the passport holder of one of the eligible countries and require a credit/debit card to pay the visa fee.
What Can You Do With the Canadian Visitor Visa?
1. Firstly, you can, of course, enter and visit Canada. You can travel and visit any part of Canada legally. Remember, this status is temporary.
2. You are not allowed to work on your Canada visitor visa. However, you are allowed to search for work in Canada. It has been noticed that various Canadian employers prefer to meet their employees in person before hiring them, so it would be much easier to find work while in Canada.
Do note. However, you should never hide the reason for traveling to Canada from your immigration officer. You are also required to specify the intention behind returning to your country to the immigration officer, irrespective of the fact whether you get employed or not.
You would be required to prove that you won’t work without a valid work permit.
3. You are required to get a study permit if you wish to study in Canada. However, under the below extraordinary circumstances, you do become eligible to study under the Canada visitor visa:
- If the school which is providing the course/paper is not a Designated learning institute.
- The program ends within six months.
- If you were able to finish the course before your visa could expire.
4. You are allowed to carry business activities while on the Canadian visitor visa until you do not participate directly in the Canadian labor market. You are, however, allowed to engage in economic interaction on a limited scale by visiting a business site or meeting or interacting with people who would want to expand their business,
Remember that the visitor visa would only allow you to stay, travel in Canada only for a temporary basis. You cannot stay in Canada permanently while on a Canadian visitor visa.
Keep all these things mind while visiting Canada on the Canadian Visitor Visa to avoid any trouble in the future. Violating norms is a serious offense and can lead to grave consequences. Thus read all the do’s and don’ts carefully and avoid running into trouble.
What Are The Documents Required While Applying?
- You require a valid passport, and you will be required to furnish documents that will prove you do belong to the country of your origin.
- You would have to submit your financial statements that suggest that you are capable of funding your stay in Canada.
- You also are required to show the letter of invitation that you receive from your relatives if you are going to stay with them and a medical clearance certificate if you need to go through a medical exam before visiting Canada.
These are all the essential documents that are required for getting the Canadian Visitor Visa. Arranging the documents should not be difficult, but keep the documents handy and prepared, so that, you do not face any problem in the future.
The Eligibility Required To Get the Canadian Visitor Visa
- You must have enough funds to sustain yourself and your family during your stay in Canada. As noted above, you are not allowed to work during your visit and will require a work permit if you wish to go to Canada.
- You should have no criminal record and must stay as a law-abiding citizen while in Canada.
- Based on your profile, there may be certain requirements or criteria for the travel you would have to meet or comply with.
So, this is the eligibility required for getting the Canadian Visitor Visa. If you clear the Criteria, you can get your hands on the visitor visa. As you may have observed, the entire process is quite lucid and hassle-free. If you have all the documents and clear the eligibility, getting the Canadian visitor visa will not be difficult.
Canada is a wonderful country that offers not only world-class education or health facilities, but also, promises to be a fun getaway! The country has been emerging as a major player in almost each and every key sector, from health to education, and is deemed to play a major role in the coming years.
Now, that you know the procedure for applying for the Canadian visitor visa, do not wait and apply for the visa applications and be a witness to the wonder that is Canada.
DO READ THIS ARTICLE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE VISITOR VISA.