Are you an international student in Canada? Wondering what the top ways for student immigration Canada are? Here is a look.
It is a common worry that the student immigration Canada process can be difficult and confusing but Canada has amazing educational programs and hence the Canadian employers are more interested in the students who have been trained in their schools. This makes immigration for students in Canada easy and preferable.
The following article lists down easy and hassle-free ways for student immigration to Canada.
Use the Express Entry for Student Immigration Canada
The first way is the Express Entry. In this method, students can apply to immigrate to Canada and be a permanent resident. The Express Entry handles the applications for three student immigration Canada programs viz. Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) , and Federal Skilled Trades (FST).
Go for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
This too uses the Comprehensive Ranking system to find the most deserving candidates for immigration and is for international students working in Canada who are looking to settle down in Canada. Over half of student immigration Canada is from the CEC program.
- One year full time or equivalent work experience in Canada in the previous three years.
- The student applying under this program must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
- Applicant must reach a the seventh level of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) on English or French as these are the two languages majorly spoken in Canada.
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program
Another Student Immigration Canada program under the Express Entry, it also uses the Comprehensive Ranking System like the CEC program. However, the requirements to be eligible for student immigration Canada under this program are different from the CEC.
- One year full time or equivalent work experience in the past ten years
- The applicant must have a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or any equivalent degree of foreign education.
- The student must have enough funds to support him/her and his/her family.
- A level 7 should be achieved by the Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French.
- The student must not plan to live in the province of Quebec.
- The student must score at least 67 in the FSW grading system.
Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
This is the program under which the students who have their trade listed under the occupation groups in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code of Canada can apply for immigration.
- The student must have two-year full-time work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years.
- The student must achieve a level 4 of Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French.
- The applicant should be inclined to live in Quebec.
Check if you qualify for the Provincial Nominee Program
If you are unable to apply for immigration through Express Entry, fear not, because there is always the option of Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), another program to aid student immigration Canada, this program is for the applicants who have skills, experience, and education that will be beneficial for the province that they are applying for.
Every province has a different requirement as to who should be granted to immigrate.
The important part of these programs is:
- Medical exam
- Police check
No matter which province you chose to live in these two checks are compulsory. Student Immigration Canada: How do You Start?
Students wanting to make use of this program can follow one of the following two processes: Paper-based process and Express entry process. Naturally, the Express Entry process is the faster of the two.
Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) is another program through which a student can apply for a work permit for up to three years after completing graduation in Canada. This program is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any student and hence the requirements for this program must be met strictly.
- The student must have completed an educational program that lasted for at least eight months receiving degree, diploma, or certificate at the end.
- The student has studied for the entire academic session (excluding the semester breaks)
- The applicant must apply within 90 days of receiving the Letter of Completion and must have a valid study permit at the time of applying.
This is a great opportunity for the students studying in Canada as they can apply the knowledge they have gained in the educational program, however, it is not necessary that the student must have a job while applying for this permit.
If you live in Quebec
The Quebec Experience Program (QEP) is an initiative in the Quebec province of Canada to attract skilled workers and international students working in Canada to settle permanently in this province.
The QEP has a fast track process for international students as well as temporary foreign workers to apply for permanent residence.
The Quebec province encourages international students to complete their full-time educational courses and then settle in that province.
The requests under this program are treated on a priority basis.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP)
It is another way for students to immigrate in the Atlantic province. International students who have been offered job from an employer in the Atlantic province can participate in the pilot.
The AIP is valid in the following four regions:
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Prince Edward Island
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
What is more interesting is that your spouse can apply for an open work permit if you have a work permit under this program. So it proves beneficial for you as well as your partner.
- The student must be living in Canada already on temporary basis.
- The student must first receive a job offer from an employer in the Atlantic province if they wish to apply for the pilot immigration program.
These are some of the easiest ways in which the mission of student immigration Canada can be fulfilled in the simplest of ways without any difficulty. If you still cannot find a way to immigrate under the following programs and wish to explore more, then here is a list of some more immigration programs in Canada:
- Temporary foreign worker program
- Business immigration
- Family class sponsorship
Also, there are different immigration policies for international students in the provinces other than the ones mentioned above, so do not worry if you are in a different province.
Understanding the Immigration Process
The immigration process can be confusing so here is a list of the pointer on which the applications are considered for immigration to Canada:
It is necessary that you score a minimum of 67 points so as to be eligible for immigrating in Canada.
The minimum points that you need to score in the field is 25.
The applicant must at least be graduate to apply for permanent residency or have educational credential assessment from approved authority such as WES or IRCC
Age is an important factor considered in the immigration The maximum points that can be scored are 12. The applicants having their age in the range of 18-35 years are awarded the maximum points as this is the age range consisting of the major workforce of Canada.
You can score ten points. More points are offered to the applicant who already has a job offer in Canada.
The maximum points to be scored are 10. In this field the factors considered will be based on how the candidate will adjust in Canda. So factors such as a spouse already living here or a relative living here will be considered in the immigration process.
Canadians primarily speak English and French. So, whether you want to engage in the international student immigration Canada process or any other immigration process of Canada it is advised that you be fluent in either of the two languages, as importance will be given to those fluent in these languages.
This process is a very interesting process and I hope this article has been helpful in your immigration Canada mission.
Suggested Read: A Guide For All You Need To Know About Canadian Visitor Visa
Why Try Out Rocket.net - IcyCanada's recommended hosting provider